[Arm-dev] Working - Re: UUID for partitions

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 25 14:05:31 UTC 2015

I got my system to boot with new UUIDs.  Here is what I had to do.

run

uuidgen

Twice to get two UUIDs. then use

tune2fs /dev/<partition> -U <UUID>

to change the boot and root partitions UUID

mkswap /dev/<partition>

Changed the swap UUID, but one can argue about so what if all the swaps
have the same UUID.  But since you can change it, do it.  Then on the
root partition you have edit fstab with these new UUIDs.

Finally, the step I previously missed was, on the boot partition, you
also have to edit the root partition UUID in extlinux/extlinux.conf

I made these changes, staged the selinux enforcing switch, and
autoresize.  Put the card in and did firstboot.  It all took.

Now someone skilled needs to take my hacks and put them into a
centos-arm-installer script!

Enjoy your holidays!