[Arm-dev] Bind working

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 25 15:40:05 UTC 2015

Took a bit, but I have bind up and running on a Cubieboard2.

I did my 'base' set up.  I am getting better at this.

I installed bind and bind-utils

I scp all my conf files for my internal DNS test server into /etc,
/etc/named and /var/named

Fixed ownership (root:named where needed) and restarted named. Checked
status and it shows everything loaded.

Then tested rndc and could reload zones.

I am going to wait until probably tues next week before rolling this
into production.  I am a little short of HD and have to shuffle them
around.

Watching for sales on unused 80Gb sata drives.  Once got some for $10
and did not buy enough.  Typical current price is $20.

I won't update my production DNS server until C7-arm goes official. Just
in case.

Next though, is to start fiddling with my mail setup on a Cubietruck.
This will be a test of a lot of software...