[Arm-dev] List of 64-bit hardware for testing?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 25 17:31:46 UTC 2015

On 12/25/2015 11:18 AM, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hi,
> Have you looked at the pcduino3 nano lite.
> $15 and it looks like it meets all your specs.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/pcDuino-pcDuino3-Nano-Lite/dp/B00ZEPZGQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451059734&sr=8-1&keywords=pcduino3+nano+lite
>
> It has everything in the kernel and uboot and works with Fedora 23
> with no modifications.
> I've got Yor Linux armv7 build working on it, so I'm quite certain it
> will work with CentOS arm build, but I have not tested it.
>
> There are two downsides to this board.
> 1 - the sata (and power cable) are sold separately

Ah, I see it does have a sata port.  I missed that the first time.

And it looks like it has the 5V power out that will hopefully power any
HD up to 1A.

If it uses the same uboot as the pcduino 3 nano, then I can take the
Cubietruck image and dd the appropriate uboot and boot.

Have you tested it?   The big test is to only have uboot on a 4Gb mSD
and the whole image on the Sata HD and see if it switches over like the
Cubieboard does.  Otherwise there is a lot of customization needed.

I am assuming those 3 posts off to the side are for the serial console.
Nice that they put it off to the side.  But that would mess up a case
somewhat.