[Arm-dev] List of 64-bit hardware for testing?

Troy Dawson yortnoswad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 18:58:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
wrote:

> On 12/25/2015 11:18 AM, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Have you looked at the pcduino3 nano lite.
> $15 and it looks like it meets all your specs.
>

> http://www.amazon.com/pcDuino-pcDuino3-Nano-Lite/dp/B00ZEPZGQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451059734&sr=8-1&keywords=pcduino3+nano+lite
>
> It has everything in the kernel and uboot and works with Fedora 23 with no
> modifications.
> I've got Yor Linux armv7 build working on it, so I'm quite certain it will
> work with CentOS arm build, but I have not tested it.
>
> There are two downsides to this board.
> 1 - the sata (and power cable) are sold separately
>

> Ah, I see it does have a sata port.  I missed that the first time.
>
> And it looks like it has the 5V power out that will hopefully power any HD
> up to 1A.
>
> If it uses the same uboot as the pcduino 3 nano, then I can take the
> Cubietruck image and dd the appropriate uboot and boot.
>
> Have you tested it?   The big test is to only have uboot on a 4Gb mSD and
> the whole image on the Sata HD and see if it switches over like the
> Cubieboard does.  Otherwise there is a lot of customization needed.

Yes, I've tested it.  It used the same uboot and kernel dtd as the pcduino
3 nano.
I have a couple of the pcduino 3 nano machines and ordered a couple of the
lite's, so I've used both.  I used the nano uboot on the lite and it worked
with no modifications.  I also did nothing with the kernel and it worked
great.