[Arm-dev] Implementing on beaglebone black.

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 29 02:29:58 UTC 2015

> On 12/28/2015 08:28 PM, Dave Germiquet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am looking into putting Centos on my Beaglebone Black, and I came
>> across your rootfs factory.  I'm wondering how it works and what is
>> the high->low level of implementing.
>>
>> Do I need an existing arm binary system?
>>
>> Currently Beaglebone black comes with debian, and my desktop is
>> debian, how would I use your scripts, to make the initial image?
>>
>> The end goal is to have a centos system with Selinux enabled.
>
> RIght now we do not have a general image with all the uboots on it.
> But do not fear, we will get you going...
>
> You will dd the Cubietruck image onto a mSD card.  From:
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/armhfp/
>
> I will get the Beaglebone black uboot, put it up on my server, and
> tell you how to dd that uboot onto the mSD card and then you should be
> good to boot...

OK.  Look over at:

http://medon.htt-consult.com/~rgm/beaglebone/

To put these on your mSD card you would do:

sudo dd if=MLO of=$MEDIA count=1 seek=1 conv=notrunc bs=128k; sync
sudo dd if=u-boot.img of=$MEDIA count=2 seek=1 conv=notrunc bs=384k; sync

where $MEDIA is /dev/<where your card is>

I THINK this will work.  There was quite a thread on the BBB on the
Fedora-arm list back in the summer...