[Arm-dev] Work in progress ARM v7 port

Tue Feb 17 21:44:57 UTC 2015
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 02/17/2015 02:51 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> Have you heard of RedSleeve? We've had an EL6 build for
> armv5tel for years now. All the patches that were required are on
> the wiki.

I think this misses the point of doing the build as a CentOS community
initiative. I'm actually quite happy to see Howard's post here, as I'm
doing a bit of prep to begin a similar build for aarch64 based hardware.

Since Howard's documented a fairly thorough, reproducible, and open
procedure in his mail, I would like to support this approach as the
'community standard' way to build, or contribute to the build for
armv7h1 within the CentOS community structure.

> We have an elpha build of EL7 for armv5tel, bootstrapped via F18,
> if you would like to take it for a spin, but we haven't touched
> the branding yet so the release packages aren't available but you
> should be able to presuade rpm to build a chroot without it using
> --nodeps.

Ideally, this should stay a CentOS focused community build. This doesn't
prevent or preclude RedSleeve or anyone else from doing what they're
doing. Collaboration is certainly welcome.

--
Jim Perrin