[Arm-dev] armv7hl - centos 7.1 rebuild status

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jun 19 23:38:15 UTC 2015

On 06/19/2015 06:22 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 06/18/2015 03:33 PM, Mandar Joshi wrote:
>>>
>>> The filesystem rpm also has issues on the raspi2 .. it fails to install
>>> either while creating the image OR afterwards .. and a weird symlink
>>> happens in / that looks like this:
>>>
>>> lib;0001e142 -> usr/lib
>>>
>>> Here is the error:
>>>
>>> Error unpacking rpm package filesystem-3.2-18.el7.armv7hl
>>> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /lib: cpio: rename
>>>   Verifying  : filesystem-3.2-18.el7.armv7hl
>>>

>>> But that also works on cubietruck.
>>>
>>> These issues could be related as filesystem is just a bunch of
>>> directories so something is happening with symlinking or renaming of
>>> directories.
>>>

>> Found the problem. In case of a custom kernel (Rpi2 and Odroid C1) the
>> kernel modules were being copied before installing packages. The
>> kernel modules go in /lib. I guess that is what was causing the
>> problem. /lib being present before installing the filesystem rpm
>> I moved the installation of kernel after network config and tested
>> generation of images for Rpi2 and OdroidC1. No more errors! I uploaded
>> changes to the github repo.
>> However, I haven't tested the change thoroughly. Just generated the images once.
>
> I can confirm that the rpi2 image did not have the errors WRT glibc and
> filesystem.  I have copied said image to an SD Card and I am looking at
> it now.
>
> I did notice an error in gnutls install that said:
>
> Error in GnuTLS initialization: Failed to acquire random data.
>
> I am not sure this is a major issue in the chroot install .. I will
> reinstall gnutls on the image once on the machine and see if we get the
> same error.
>
> I will also try to verify that this had no impact on other packages in
> the image install that might have required something from gnutls.

Reinstalling gnutls did not result in the same error, also I did not
have any indication that it caused any issues the way it installed in
the chroot initially.  So I think this can be ignored unless someone
determines it causes an issue.

I did notice that port 22 on firewalld was NOT open on the rpi2 install,
but it was open on the cubietruck install.  Any idea why?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes