[Arm-dev] new target c71511 created on the plague build farm

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Nov 24 10:32:26 UTC 2015

On 23/11/15 17:51, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 23/11/15 15:38, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>
>> It would be good starting looking at a minimal set of packages
>> for a 7.1511 install for boards like : - cubie{board,truck} -
>> odroid c1 - raspberry pi 2
>
>> Opinions, ideas, etc ?
>
> I think thats the best way for us to work from here, lets focus on
> a bare minimal setup, say the baseline 400 odd rpms needed for the
> system to be complete, and ssh running, with yum and a few
> baseline support tools. Then lets look at a few more packages that
> are typically used in a headless box. Here is my list :
>
> - bind - httpd - php - gnupg - mariadb
>
> on your second point, I agree, the cubie, odroid and raspi are a
> great 3 first step devices to hit up on the armv7 side of things.
> And if we do end up using upstream kernels, I am also going to
> propose we call this 'CentOS Linux userland ARMv7 1511' instead of
> CentOS Linux Armv7 -> that just clears up the expectations from the
> user side.
>

> thanks

So we should start discussing about which tools/procedure to use to
build those images that people would be then able to consume.

There is/was https://github.com/mndar/rbf , but now that I look at
that, it seems that the github repository in fact contains binaries of
uboot and kernels not built on our infra, so we can probably reuse
that, but if we modify it to only be a tool that

 - either build on demand missing files not coming from upstream SRPMS
(like uboot/kernel/$others ? )
 - either be pointed to url containing those binaries, but that can be
audited/verified and so something to discuss too.

I've myself never worked really on arm boards, so if people can give
us pointers about where to start, etc ....

+1 on the idea of "CentOS Linux userland ARMv7 $release" if we need to
mix with packages not coming from RHEL

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab