[Arm-dev] new target c71511 created on the plague build farm

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Nov 24 11:55:44 UTC 2015

On 24/11/15 10:32, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 23/11/15 17:51, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 23/11/15 15:38, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>
>>> It would be good starting looking at a minimal set of packages
>>> for a 7.1511 install for boards like : - cubie{board,truck} -
>>> odroid c1 - raspberry pi 2
>
>>> Opinions, ideas, etc ?
>
>> I think thats the best way for us to work from here, lets focus on
>> a bare minimal setup, say the baseline 400 odd rpms needed for the
>> system to be complete, and ssh running, with yum and a few
>> baseline support tools. Then lets look at a few more packages that
>> are typically used in a headless box. Here is my list :
>
>> - bind - httpd - php - gnupg - mariadb
>
>> on your second point, I agree, the cubie, odroid and raspi are a
>> great 3 first step devices to hit up on the armv7 side of things.
>> And if we do end up using upstream kernels, I am also going to
>> propose we call this 'CentOS Linux userland ARMv7 1511' instead of
>> CentOS Linux Armv7 -> that just clears up the expectations from the
>> user side.
>

>> thanks
>

> So we should start discussing about which tools/procedure to use to
> build those images that people would be then able to consume.
>
> There is/was https://github.com/mndar/rbf , but now that I look at
> that, it seems that the github repository in fact contains binaries of
> uboot and kernels not built on our infra, so we can probably reuse
> that, but if we modify it to only be a tool that
>
>  - either build on demand missing files not coming from upstream SRPMS
> (like uboot/kernel/$others ? )

+1 , download and validate sources, do a local build, sign the build (
even if its signing a tar ball ), and consume it from there if we cant
work it via a SRPM route. Having said that, even a make & make install &
collect files like .spec might be better than nothing.

>  - either be pointed to url containing those binaries, but that can be
> audited/verified and so something to discuss too.

If you have time time and we can do this, it would be good to host these
on a centos resource, as long as it does not also violate any licenses
or terms.

> I've myself never worked really on arm boards, so if people can give
> us pointers about where to start, etc ....
>
> +1 on the idea of "CentOS Linux userland ARMv7 $release" if we need to
> mix with packages not coming from RHEL

cool!

--
Karanbir Singh