[Arm-dev] new target c71511 created on the plague build farm

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:25:34 UTC 2015

> So we should start discussing about which tools/procedure to use to
> build those images that people would be then able to consume.
>
> There is/was https://github.com/mndar/rbf , but now that I look at
> that, it seems that the github repository in fact contains binaries of
> uboot and kernels not built on our infra, so we can probably reuse
> that, but if we modify it to only be a tool that
>
>  - either build on demand missing files not coming from upstream SRPMS
> (like uboot/kernel/$others ? )
>  - either be pointed to url containing those binaries, but that can be
> audited/verified and so something to discuss too.
>
> I've myself never worked really on arm boards, so if people can give
> us pointers about where to start, etc ....

I would love to help you out but my semester exams are going on and
will be for the next month. So I won't be able to reply quickly.
Yes, the github repo contains u-boot cross compiled on my machine.
If you would like rbf to use u-boot compiled on the plague farm, it's easy.

You'll have to modify the xml template.
First add the u-boot package to the <package> tag (comma separated)
and then change the value of the <uboot> tag to
/tmp/temp/<path-to-uboot-in-new-rootfs> where /tmp/temp is your
<workdir>
Hope this helps

-Mandar