[Arm-dev] Cubieboard2 - selinux enforcing fails

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Oct 15 09:21:21 UTC 2015

On 10/15/2015 03:40 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 15/10/15 10:29, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> On 10/15/2015 02:53 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>>> resurecting an old thread,
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I', curious, What image did you use for the cubie2, you said you
>>> rebuild those from scratch, that sounds a bit complex but any
>>> guidelines ? My recollection from fedora is that Cubieboard2
>>> differes from Cubietruck only by a few uboot parameters (size,
>>> location), so do one really need to regenerate the image
>>> completely ?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> DV,
>
>> The easy way to do this is to use RBF:
>
>> https://github.com/mndar/rbf
>
>> It just works :)
>

> Afaik, it uses kernel built outside of our env, reason why I asked
> earlier on the list how we'd be able to proceed to build "official"
> images ...
> I don't think we want to use rbf (which I just tested one, and it
> failed on me) to build official images with artifacts/rpms coming from
> our builders, but at the same time from unknown sources (aka importing
> binary packages/kernels) and still call it CentOS image

Well, that totally depends upon the board.

Some boards require special kernels others don't.

The cubuetruck uses our kernel .. and while I have not built one for
cubieboard2, looking at the xml file, I think it also uses our kernel.

Almost all of the arm32 boards require uboot .. and there is a
files/cubieboard2/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin.

I am fairly sure that was produced from one of these (mandar can confirm
which):

http://linux-sunxi.org/U-Boot

http://linux-sunxi.org/Mainline_U-Boot

We spent a lot of time and effort in GSOC 2015 to create RBF to make
CentOS usable on ARM32.  Of course, you can completely redesign it if
you like.