[Arm-dev] Plague build servers / Compilations

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Sep 1 16:39:00 UTC 2015

On 01/09/15 14:09, Nicolas Repentin wrote:
> Little update
>
> <nicolas at shivaserv.fr <mailto:nicolas at shivaserv.fr>>
>

> Thanks for the requeue and the explaination.
>
> I've submitted others jobs:
>
> *abrt-java-connector - 4178 --> OK* *empathy - 4458  --> OK*

requeued ...

> Questions :p
>
> - How to help to resolve real compilation errors with plague? Need
>  to modify and regenerate a modify src.rpm package?

yes, and ideally everything will be available as patch[es] so that
someone can just reuse that to submit it again for validation. All
those patches will then need to also land on the corresponding branch
on git.centos.org when it will be available.

> - Same, for example, to build libibverbs, needed for a lot of
> packages, I need valgrind-devel. Valgrind need openmpi-devel >=
> 1.3.3, but openmpi need valgrind-devel, and libibverbs-devel (and
> others). How to proceed to this kind of case? Because devel package
> is generated from normal package, right?

That's another issue : circular deps, and one has first to inject a
package available in the buildroot to then build the required
packages, and then rinse and repeat with the built packages. That what
was need to boostrap most of initial packages for the c7-buildroot
(built selectively against F19) :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-buildroot/
So those were built *outside* of plague, and so directly with mock,
against specific mock config files.

For patches, I initially put those I needed here :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-buildroot-patched-SRPMS/ but
then, when Johnny took up the build effort, I don't know where he
copied his.

> Nicolas Repentin <nicolas at shivaserv.fr
> <mailto:nicolas at shivaserv.fr>>

- --