[Arm-dev] Cubieboard2 Image

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Sep 2 18:16:07 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 12:32 PM, Mandar Joshi wrote:
>> Yes. I built a mSD card and am up and running.
>>
>> But it would be good to find out what went wrong with Mandar's
>> instructions...
>>
> I think that using an image with a pre written u-boot must have been
> the problem. We tried to overwrite the u-boot in the image.
>
> So it seems, you'll always need an image without u-boot (eg. one
> generated for Qemu) to install with rbfinstaller.py
>
> I just tested this. Generated an image from Qemu and wrote it to a
> microSD using rbfinstaller.py; chose Cubietruck while writing to the
> card and the image boots on my Cubietruck.

I am going to need some detailed instructions or good script to run...

Right now I am installing gnome on an image.  Only some 800+ rpms to
install.  Argh.  But want to see how it runs (on a Cubieboard2) and if I
can get VNC running, running the equiv of run level 3 as I have done in
the past on C6 systems.