[Arm-dev] rbf for olinuxino-micro

Fri Sep 4 09:52:02 UTC 2015
Marcin Trendota <moonwolf.rh at gmail.com>

W dniu 02.09.2015 o 17:25, Mandar Joshi pisze:

> Sorry for the delay in responding. College submissions kept me very busy.

Totally understand that.

> What is your development environment in which you are generating the
> image? Mine is CentOS on Cubietruck.

It's Fedora 21 on qemu (from Minimal image)

> Also I would like to know the version of expect on your system. Mine is 5.45.
> [root at cubietruck rbf]# expect -v
> expect version 5.45
# expect -v
expect version 5.45

> Can you please test using the rootpass.exp on your already generate
> image. Here are the steps I did for the qemu-centos-image.img image.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [root at cubietruck rbf]# commonscripts/mountpart.sh
> ../images/qemu-centos-image.img 3 /media/qemu/
> [root at cubietruck rbf]# expect rootpass.exp /media/qemu/ passwordabcd
> spawn chroot /media/qemu/ passwd
> Changing password for user root.
> New password:
> BAD PASSWORD: The password fails the dictionary check - it is based on
> a dictionary word
> Retype new password:
> passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.

# LC_ALL=C expect rootpass.exp /tmp/t passwordabcd
spawn chroot /tmp/t passwd
Changing password for user root.
New password:
BAD PASSWORD: The password fails the dictionary check - it is based on a
dictionary word
Retype new password:
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

Surely it's different from previous attempts (it doesn't stop on passwd
command). It works the same way without LC_ALL=C command (but with
localized messages of course). Strange why it doesn't success.

Next week i'll try to generate image again to see if that behaviour
wasn't my fault. Any idea how can i debug it?

--
Over And Out
MoonWolf