[Arm-dev] Server ready

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Apr 22 16:34:28 UTC 2016

On 04/21/2016 07:30 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> As there is *no* armhfp support at the EPEL level, we tested a massive
> rebuild and I see that nginx built successfully :
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/nginx/1.6.3-8.el7/armv7hl/
> (please note that those pkgs aren't signed at all, but still available
> publicly for your convenience :
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/ ) php and mariadb are
> already available in [base]/[updates] What else are you searching for ?

Well, I'm not the OP, but after several aborted attempts at building
GNUradio from source on the ODroid C2, I'd like to ask if there is an
equivalent for ARMv8 to this, or, for that matter, where EPEL on Aarch64
stands.  And I know this is an EPEL question, but, honestly, CentOS'
usefulness is really tied to the availability of the third-party repos,
and EPEL is the biggest.

(GNUradio has some modules that require more than 2GB Virt to compile
(verified with a CentOS 7 x86_64 machine with only 2GB of RAM that took
4 hours to build from source, and half of that time was spent thrashing
on two files with a load average > 25), and the install I currently am
working with is swapless, and the C2 only has 2GB of RAM; I'm looking at
the feasibility/advisability of swap on microSD or eMMC.  The build
panics the kernel at the first of those files).