[Arm-dev] Server ready

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Apr 26 13:57:02 UTC 2016

On 04/22/2016 11:34 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Well, I'm not the OP, but after several aborted attempts at building
> GNUradio from source on the ODroid C2, I'd like to ask if there is an
> equivalent for ARMv8 to this, or, for that matter, where EPEL on Aarch64
> stands.  And I know this is an EPEL question, but, honestly, CentOS'
> usefulness is really tied to the availability of the third-party repos,
> and EPEL is the biggest.

We've been working with the Fedora folks to try to get an EPEL build for
AArch64 for some time now. I believe it's still a few months out from
being 'official', but we can see about doing an interim build for epel
and producing a temporary epel build repo that can be transitioned to
'official'.

> (GNUradio has some modules that require more than 2GB Virt to compile
> (verified with a CentOS 7 x86_64 machine with only 2GB of RAM that took
> 4 hours to build from source, and half of that time was spent thrashing
> on two files with a load average > 25), and the install I currently am
> working with is swapless, and the C2 only has 2GB of RAM; I'm looking at
> the feasibility/advisability of swap on microSD or eMMC.  The build
> panics the kernel at the first of those files)

Our builders have 8-16GB of ram, so shouldn't be an issue. I know one
'mad scientist' type who used swap over iscsi for his initial arm build
on the odroid-c1 a few months back.

--
Jim Perrin