[Arm-dev] Server ready

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Apr 26 23:51:14 UTC 2016

On 04/26/2016 09:57 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> We've been working with the Fedora folks to try to get an EPEL build for
> AArch64 for some time now. I believe it's still a few months out from
> being 'official', but we can see about doing an interim build for epel
> and producing a temporary epel build repo that can be transitioned to
> 'official'.

> Our builders have 8-16GB of ram, so shouldn't be an issue. I know one
> 'mad scientist' type who used swap over iscsi for his initial arm build
> on the odroid-c1 a few months back.

Thanks, Jim.  I did get GNURadio to build, by putting 4GB of swap on the
eMMC.  Although swap on iscsi sounds cool, and is definitely creative!

C7 with 4GB of swap feels much more responsive, even when not heavily
loaded, for some reason.  I'm just needing to get some of the GUI pieces
of EPEL built (wxPython and its deps, for one) before I can go to
production with these little devices (targeted to be RFI sniffers for a
radio astronomy observatory using the cheap RTL-SDR dongles made by
outfits like Nooelec).