[Arm-dev] [arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Sun Apr 24 16:20:28 UTC 2016

W dniu 24.04.2016 o 17:46, Ronald Maas pisze:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>
>  wrote:

>> Given that we are seeing kernel panics with different SATA, SAS,
>> AMD and Nvidia cards, the only thing I can conclude is that there
>> is a major bug somewhere in the PCIe driver. The main difference
>> between my kernel 4.4.x kernels and the CentOS 4.2.0 is that the
>> latter uses 64KB memory pages, so that is probably a good place to
>> start looking.

> You would expect 64 KB pages to give more issues compared to 4 KB as
> the latter has been the norm for decades. But I see if I can buy some
> other more PCIe graphics cards on Craigslist for cheap and test again
> with the various distros.

> Otherwise hope these issues will be ironed out over time when
> 96Boards EE boards finally become widely available.

I have used Sil SATA controller, Matrox g550, few NVidia cards and two
Radeon ones (HD5450 and R240) with APM Mustang (also X-Gene1 like
Gigabyte). All with 64KB kernels.

Radeon sits in this machine since my "AArch64 desktop week" which was
September 2015. Used that card since 3.19 kernel and went through all
versions used in Fedora/rawhide.

I rather suspect Gigabyte firmware having some issues. Try booting with
"acpi=off" and proper DTB to make sure that it is not ACPI related?