[Arm-dev] will there be freeipa-server packages ?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed Feb 10 12:40:40 UTC 2016

On 06/02/16 12:54, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First major kudo's for porting centos to arm devices.
>
> I've been looking forward to run centos on my arm devices for some
> time now, and have been watching this project with great interest
> for some time now.
>
> I've reinstalled my rpi2 with the latest image and all went smooth
> out of the box. No editing/hacks needed, just the filesystem resize
> which worked exactly as described.
>
> No issues whatsoever, really great work ppl.
>
> I was wondering if the freeipa-server package would also be made
> available in the arm repos.
>
> With only two adjustments in the timeouts I managed to get that
> one working on my rpi2 running fedora.
>
> Cheers Rob Verduijn
>
> p.s. for the curious ppl regarding the timeouts: before the
> installation : adjust
> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipa/lib/constants.py --> wijzig
> startup_timeout from 300 to 600 after the installation add
> "startup_timeout=600" to /etc/ipa/default.conf
>
> also you need to apply a HUGE amount of patience for installing,
> configuring and (re-)booting the rpi2 with freeipa server (as the
> 600 second timeout already implies)

The ipa-4.2.0 package built successfully and build logs/artifacts are
located here :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/c71511-pass-1/7764-ipa-4.2.0-15.el7.centos/
But it built only the client part, just because of that :
https://git.centos.org/blob/!!rpms!ipa.git/f2e539214d4d2b291552fcf90fb5df88f8e5b2d5/SPECS!ipa.spec
 (line 9)

I'm actually catching up on various infra issues/things to deal with
(while I was away for Dojo/Fosdem/Cfgmgmtcamp/DevConf.cz) but we can
try a rebuild with a modified .spec file.
If you want to help, can you already test that on your side and report ?
That would imply :
- - patching the .spec to allow the build
- - patching the various files you mentioned in your report

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab