[Arm-dev] Kernel for BananaPi R1 (Lamobo R1)

Sat Feb 27 10:26:01 UTC 2016
mo.ucina <mo.ucina at gmail.com>

Hello Guys,

Almost forgot . The kernel config that needs to be done to make drivers
work is as follows :

CONFIG_B53=y
CONFIG_B53_SPI_DRIVER=y
CONFIG_B53_PHY_DRIVER=y
CONFIG_B53_SRAB_DRIVER=y
CONFIG_B53_PHY_FIXUP=y
CONFIG_SWCONFIG=y
CONFIG_SWCONFIG_LEDS=y

One more thing . The start of the patch includes the Lamobo R1 specific
dtb , which is slightly different from the Bananapi . It enables the
SATA power , so you can use the on board SATA socket (otherwise it will
be power less - or on reduced voltage) . Also the current uboot-tools
has additional Lamobo performance tuning such as different  PHY delay ,
this is because of the different board layout , and track length
compared with the banana . All this additional stuff is just
icing-on-top , as the R1 will still work happily on the generic banana
uboot settings . I have had it running on the generic banana setting for
over a year without any major issue (on Fedora 21) . It was just
recently - since last Dec , that I moved over to the specific Lamobo
uboot settings .

So if you plan just to run it on the bananapi settings , you can leave
the lamobo bit out .

Best Regards
Milorad