[Arm-dev] Cubietruck with LiPo UPS

Andreas Reschke andreas at rirasoft.de
Sat Jan 2 13:12:44 UTC 2016

Am 02.01.2016 um 10:29 schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:
> On 01/01/2016 06:27 PM, Andreas Reschke wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've build my own webserver (thanks to Robert Moskowitz) with the
>> cubietruck. I've bought a LiPo UPS
>> (http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MTU3NzkyOTk-/Bausaetze_Module/Entwicklerboards/Cubieboard_3_Li_Akku_3_7_V_5_3_Ah.html)
>>
> What you have bought is a 5.3Ah rechargeable battery, not an UPS. An UPS
> has its own electronics.

Yes, you're right. It's my mistake.

Does an UPS exist for the cubietruck? All I've found is only this
battery or handmade batteries.

>> My search at the internet found, that with Cubian or other Debian-based
>> OS there is way to monitor the powerpack with "cat
>> /sys/class/power_supply/battery/uevent".
>>
>> How tho manage it with CentOS? There is no such directory.
> start by looking below  /sys/class/power_supply/bat* and verify what
> exists over there. If there is NOTHING looking as what you need, it
> might be that the kernel lacks some config options.

No, there is no such directory.
[root at cubietruck ~]# ls -l  /sys/class/power_supply
insgesamt 0
[root at cubietruck ~]#

When I have only a battery, so it's normal,that those directorys not exist.