[Arm-dev] Cubietruck with LiPo UPS

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Jan 3 09:02:57 UTC 2016

On 01/02/2016 03:12 PM, Andreas Reschke wrote:
> Am 02.01.2016 um 10:29 schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:
>> On 01/01/2016 06:27 PM, Andreas Reschke wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I've build my own webserver (thanks to Robert Moskowitz) with the
>>> cubietruck. I've bought a LiPo UPS
>>> (http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MTU3NzkyOTk-/Bausaetze_Module/Entwicklerboards/Cubieboard_3_Li_Akku_3_7_V_5_3_Ah.html)
>>>
>> What you have bought is a 5.3Ah rechargeable battery, not an UPS. An UPS
>> has its own electronics.
> Yes, you're right. It's my mistake.
>
> Does an UPS exist for the cubietruck? All I've found is only this
> battery or handmade batteries.
Any regular UPS ( which has a 220V output ) can power a power adapter
similar to
http://www.cubietruck.com/products/universal-power-adapter-5v-2a-for-cubieboard-cubietruck-cubieboard2
If you want to use an UPS but without chaining its output to a power
adapter, you could use something similar to
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/5V-9V12V-24V-Lithium-Battery-DC_60375419563.html
Just ask google about "UPS 5V 2A".