[Arm-dev] updates status

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 13 14:43:00 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 08:26 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> On 13/01/16 12:35, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> So now you can chase after the missing Requires: pkgs, see

I downloaded the rpm in this directory and tried a 'yum localinstall',
and all 43 dependencies are present.

>>> what Fabian meant was that for packages which are not in the 7.2
>>> repos yet,  you should start looking for them in the buildlogs
>>> of the older release(s) -- 7.1.1503 in the particular case of
>>> SA. Download the package from the URL pointed to by Fabian, add
>>> it to your local repo, retry installing. wash, rinse, repeat for
>>> any deps that arise.
>>
>> Yeah, that's what I meant :-) otoh, I just had a quick look at that
>> one, and it can be installed automatically with the base repo, so
>> something not caught by my compose_tree script it seems. Let me try
>> to add it in the os repo, after it will be signed, and repodata
>> regenerated.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> Just to add that we decided to not touch the os repo once released.
> So, even if that's technically not an update, we'll release it through
> the updates repo

Not sure what you are saying here.  Did you add spamassassin already to
the updates repo?  Becuase I just tried a 'yum install spamassassin' and
there was nothing to do.

Of course even with spamassassin fixed, I still need help with epel7, as
things like clamav need to be built for armv7hl...

step by step and we will have all the things needed for a mailserver.