[Arm-dev] Cubietruck with LiPo UPS

Sun Jan 3 11:19:07 UTC 2016

On 01/03/2016 04:17 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 01/03/2016 11:02 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>>> Yes, you're right. It's my mistake.
>>>
>>> Does an UPS exist for the cubietruck? All I've found is only this
>>> battery or handmade batteries.
>> Any regular UPS ( which has a 220V output ) can power a power adapter
>> similar to
>> http://www.cubietruck.com/products/universal-power-adapter-5v-2a-for-cubieboard-cubietruck-cubieboard2
>> If you want to use an UPS but without chaining its output to a power
>> adapter, you could use something similar to
>> http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/5V-9V12V-24V-Lithium-Battery-DC_60375419563.html
>> Just ask google about "UPS 5V 2A".
> Actually you could use any regular "power bank" connected on one side
> to the regular power adapter and on the other side to the CT. As long
> as the power grid is OK, it will keep the power bank charged. Once
> there is no 220V voltage on its input the power bank will
> automatically start using its internal battery in order to power your CT.

But then there is no indication that the CT is on battery, when it is
getting low to power off.

I was thinking about this...

Start by installing Fedora23 with your favorite GUI that has battery
power management.  I use Xfce.  See if it recognizes your battery and
provides the standard battery management.  Try running the battery down
and does it power off appropriately?

This will give us a better understanding of the CT battery connection
and what can be done with it.  Then how to do that in Centos without the
GUI.

Or get a standard UPS that has a USB management port and use the
standard UPS management tools.