[Arm-dev] Pine64 Support

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Thu Jul 7 13:12:51 UTC 2016

On 07/05/2016 04:13 PM, Uli Middelberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> at this time, my script isn't just more than a proof of concept due to the
> well known deviations. Before integrating it as part of the image build,
> I'd
> like to discuss some considerations about the image and the way it could be
> built [1] (and I should get to know more about the CentOS/ARM build
> procedure).
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wiki/CentOS-on-ARM-SBC-design-considerations

Are you familiar with kickstarts for centos installations? That's
essentially how I generate the disk image. If you wanted to contribute a
kickstart that created the disk layout you see as feasible I can
incorporate that into the builds. It might help if I create project on
github with the scripts used to generate the various aarch64 images.

The livemedia-creator tool also allows for the creation of a rootfs
tarball, so would publishing a raw tarball of an installed system be
beneficial to you for generating images for various boards?

As to the kernel pieces, I don't want to get into the business of
tracking/shipping vendor kernels. I'd much rather either patch support
into the kernel-aarch64 we already ship, or provide a simple means for
the user to generate an image based on the vendor kernel (thus assuming
the risk/liability).

--
Jim Perrin