[Arm-dev] Raspberry Pi 3 and Aarch64 image?

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Wed Jul 27 21:14:42 UTC 2016

On 07/27/2016 03:44 PM, Uli Middelberg wrote:
> Am 27.07.2016 um 17:51 schrieb Jim Perrin:
>>

>> On 07/27/2016 10:15 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>
>>> then do we need from there to get a CentOS userspace in as well ?
>>

>> Unsure, but they're cheap so I ordered one this morning to play around
>> and test. Hopefully it arrives before I start traveling next week.
>>

> You may just pick this image here [1] and untar the CentOS userland [2]
> on top
> of it (3rd partition). If this boots up you may produce a 'clean' setup
> by removing
> everything except '/lib/modules' before untarring the CentOS userland
> once again.
>
> [1]
> https://www.kraxel.org/repos/rpi2/images/arm64-rpi3-f24-mainline-20160623.raw.xz
>
> [2]
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt7m6qcv88va3xt/CentOS7-rootfs-aarch64.tar.xz?dl=0

I probably should have mentioned this to you sooner, but as of this
pasth monthly build, we're pushing a rootfs tarball (
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/aarch64/CentOS-7-aarch64-rootfs-1606.tar.xz
)  as well. It includes the distro kernel, and a few other bits as well.
Happy to work with you on fine-tuning this if you want.

--
Jim Perrin