[Arm-dev] EPEL 7 for ARM

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 00:26:00 UTC 2016

On 27 July 2016 at 18:51, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 27/07/16 15:30, Jacob Carey wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> About a year ago, someone posted here and asked if there were plans for CentOS to host a repository for EPEL7 for ARM. I can't find any more recent discussions so my question is - what can I do to help maintain/introduce such an auxiliary repository?
>
> Fabian started working on it, with results here :
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/ its just a rpmbuild run
> through all of epel at the time, i am sure he could use some help ( or
> actually, I think it would be great to have someone from the community
> space step up and just take ownership of this )

I believe it is still going through pass-2 or so. There are a couple
of problems in that a couple of things which could be 'jump-started'
from x86_64 fedora 18 -> epel x86_64 do not exist because Fedora arm32
was not as available then. This means having to go to newer versions
than what is in EPEL so the two chains do not meet. I have finally
finished my move across the country and am able to start trying to get
these together for a build tree. I will be happy to help people in the
community if they step up.

> Regards
>

> --
> Karanbir Singh