[Arm-dev] EPEL 7 for ARM

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 28 12:21:29 UTC 2016

On 28/07/16 13:09, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> IMHO, we need to decide one way to try to build EPEL for alternative
> arches.  If we want to use CBS, then we can do that.
>
> Currently for both arm32 and aarch64 we are using the distro build and
> not koji for EPEL build.

but do we need to ?  specially since that excludes anyone from being
able to help, and the epel process has been exceptionally slow, given
that it was kicked off in Feb.

ideally, epel would do the arch builds on their own - but the lack of
interest there just points at us helping a community come and do it here
right ?

> I don't really have a preference but we need to define the process and
> stick to it and not keep hopping around.
>
> We do need koji arm32 builders for SIG content regardless of how we do EPEL.
>
> But shifting systems mid stream (ie, we are building EPEL now) is not
> the best idea.

I dont think it would be midstream, we can just resend the entire rpm
stack up into cbs and there are more cbs builders for ex for aarch64.

--
Karanbir Singh