[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Mar 12 13:40:09 UTC 2016

On 12/03/16 12:37, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 12/03/2016 09:54, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> So I just got my MP30-AR0 fitted into a case, and I have a few
>> observations and questions.
>>
>> 1) The machine seems to not POST with lopsided memory configurations.
>> For example, I have 6x8GB RDIMMs, and it POSTs with 4 DIMMs in the
>> blue slots, but doesn't POST with the extra 2 DIMMs added to the black
>> slots on banks 0 and 1. Is this expected?
>>
> There are four channels, each of two slots, populated slot0/slot1,
> unless you use just a single dimm :) However, the scant manual suggests
> only 1,2,4 and 8 slot configurations.

Yes, that's impression I was getting, too, but it is a bit of a bizzare
limitation.

>> 2) u-boot doesn't appear to be responding to keystrokes to interrupt
>> the boot sequence via network KVM console. Am I missing a trick here?
>> How do I interrupt the boot without using a directly connected USB
>> keyboard?
>>
> I can't get the network KVM (via BMC) to accept anything.

I suspect this is to do with Java on the client side. The KVM/media
client is Java based and it complains at startup that it couldn't find
various native libraries. Googling around the subject indicates that the
management app only comes with 32-bit support, and CentOS 7 only comes
with 64-bit icedtea-web. :-(

Gordan