[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Tue Mar 8 09:00:45 UTC 2016
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 09:34:10AM +0700, Phong Vo wrote:
> Sorry, that was not the right file.
>
> Please download again
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20403943/mp30ar0_tianocore_binaries.tar.xz
>
> You should find
>   mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img
>
> # md5sum mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img
> 0bd49584eb7bedb513d0b1c545eee6ce  mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img

Thanks.  I can confirm that I was able to successfully and permanently
flash Tianocore UEFI to the Gigabyte board using the above image.

The procedure was as outlined before, but I'm going to summarise it
again so it's in one place:

(1) Download and unpack mp30ar0_tianocore_binaries.tar.xz from the
link above.  Verify mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img has the correct MD5
checksum.

(2) Place mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img on a TFTP server so it is
available as `mp30ar0/mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img'

(3) Interrupt u-boot boot sequence, and run the following commands:

  setenv ipaddr xx.xx.xx.xx    # server's own IP address
  setenv serverip yy.yy.yy.yy  # IP address of TFTP server
  setenv media_img mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img
  run spi_load                 # check this command succeeds
  run spi_update
  reset

Rich.