[Arm-dev] Self-introduction: Stephen Smoogen

Thu Mar 10 21:01:45 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 10/03/16 21:13, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Hi my name is Stephen Smoogen, and I am joining the CentOS ARM group
> to help on getting EPEL packages ported to this version of the OS.
>
> I have worked in CentOS back in the EL-5 days doing some QA and other
> work as needed. I am currently working in Fedora Project in the
> infrastructure group with a primary interest in EPEL.
>
> I will be ordering a RaspPi 2 (or 3 if that is what I get) to do the
> testing on. I will also be working on any build issues that I can.

Hi Smooge,

Nice to see you on the list ;-)
One thing that would be good to know is if having "upstream" epel build
(so at the Fedora builders level) for AltArch (like armhfp/aarch64) is
still an option, and if so when would that be possible. In the meantime,
we can try to rebuild/bootstrap something on our side (and I started
that last week for pkgs having a high demand) and report that at the
Epel level too.
More than happy to give you plague-client access to the plague build
farm for that centralized build effort

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab