[Arm-dev] Self-introduction: Stephen Smoogen

Fri Mar 11 18:02:22 UTC 2016
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 10 March 2016 at 14:01, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:
> On 10/03/16 21:13, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Hi my name is Stephen Smoogen, and I am joining the CentOS ARM group
>> to help on getting EPEL packages ported to this version of the OS.
>>
>> I have worked in CentOS back in the EL-5 days doing some QA and other
>> work as needed. I am currently working in Fedora Project in the
>> infrastructure group with a primary interest in EPEL.
>>
>> I will be ordering a RaspPi 2 (or 3 if that is what I get) to do the
>> testing on. I will also be working on any build issues that I can.
>>

> Hi Smooge,
>
> Nice to see you on the list ;-)
> One thing that would be good to know is if having "upstream" epel build
> (so at the Fedora builders level) for AltArch (like armhfp/aarch64) is
> still an option, and if so when would that be possible. In the meantime,
> we can try to rebuild/bootstrap something on our side (and I started
> that last week for pkgs having a high demand) and report that at the
> Epel level too.
> More than happy to give you plague-client access to the plague build
> farm for that centralized build effort

OK at this point I don't think we will be able to get i386 or arm32
into the main EPEL builders due to Fedora 24 readiness issues needing
more effort in koji than secondary split-brain architectures. So
instead I would like to look at a branch of centos via plague builders
and using a snapshot status versus live update status. We can work out
how they are to be mirrored etc from there.