[Arm-dev] Kernel Mainline

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Mon Oct 10 06:45:13 UTC 2016

On 05/10/16 21:43, Nicolas Repentin wrote:
> Sorry for the bad mail below:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching the good process to upgrade the kernel on CentOS 7 armv7hl.
>
> Actually the 4.2 kernel is not supporting crypto drivers for sunxi, and
> need to be patched, or need to use a newer kernel (I've got very bad
> performance using openvpn for example. Using newer kernel increase by 200%).
>
> Do you have a process to update correctly the kernel or generate the rpm
> file for it?
>
> I've tried to "make rpm" using the defconfig existing, but I got:
>
> scripts/Makefile.fwinst:43: *** mixed implicit and static pattern
> rules.  Stop.
> make[2]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 2
> erreur : Mauvais statut de sortie pour /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.GAPIw3 (%install)
>
> I'm using bananapi M1 (I've helped to validate the actual image of CentOS).
>

> Thanks a lot,

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for the late answer, but was caught by various things on both
personal and private sides, which had higher priority than arm-dev.
Which kernel version do you need ?
We asked for feedback around newer kernel on the list, but lack of
feedback so nothing really pushed to mirror.centos.org, but here are the
last kernel we built for armhfp/armv7 :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/arm-kernels/

The goal was to use the same LTS kernel (so 4.4.x when discussed) across
AltArch (when not using the distro one, which - for armhfp - doesn't work)
You can find for example
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/arm-kernels/4.4.14-201/ (but now I
see that on
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/experimental/x86_64/Packages/ there
were other ones, like  4.4.22-201, which I just submitted to the armhfp
builders, so will appear later)

Cheers,
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab