[Arm-dev] About build error of QT5

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Sep 13 15:56:43 UTC 2016

Answers inline below. Since the original mail was sent in html, I'm not
trimming, so that it's in the list archives in plain text.

On 09/12/2016 09:22 PM, 蔡衢10034260  wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   To improve GUI performance on aarch64 server, I wanna switch
>
> from Gnome 3 to MATE. I have tested group of "MATE Desktop" from
>
> yum repos of epel7, it didn't work(I amnot sure about the exact
>
> reason, maybe missing rpms or wrong configuration). So, I began
>
> to rebuild rpms from qt5(my final goal is get lightdm's rpms),
>
> but got same error as log in "http://buildlogs.centos.org/c7-epel.a64/".
>

>  Error messages like these:
>
>  [mockbuilder at localhost origin-srpms]$ mock -r mate-5-aarch64 \
>
>          --rebuild qt5-qtdoc-5.6.1-1.el7.src.rpm --resultdir \
>
>          /MY-rpms/result-rpms/ --no-clean
>
>   … …
>
>   ERROR: Command failed:
>
>    # /usr/bin/yum-builddep --installroot
> /MY-rpms/mock/mate-5-aarch64/root/ \
>
>      --releasever 7
> /MY-rpms/mock/mate-5-aarch64/root//builddir/build/SRPMS/qt5-qtdoc-5.6.1-1.el7.centos.src.rpm
>
>   Getting requirements for qt5-qtdoc-5.6.1-1.el7.centos.src
>
>   --> qt5-qtbase-devel-5.6.1-3.el7.centos.aarch64
>
>      Error: No Package found for qt5-qdoc
>
>      Error: No Package found for qt5-qhelpgenerator
>

>   I have twoo doubts,please help me to see:
>
>   1、which rpms are qt5-qdoc and qt5-qhelpgenerator belongs to?

qt5-qdoc and qt5-helpgenerator both come from
qt5-qttools-5.6.1-2.el7.src.rpm

>   2、which srpms is base set of qt5, that should rebuild these first. Is
> there loop dependence when building these srpms?

It's entirely possible that there's a build loop here. I haven't looked
closely at these packages yet, so I can't say for certain. I'm told that
the official EPEL7 for aarch64 should be coming online in the next few
weeks, so we may not have to continue the rebuild attempt much longer.

--
Jim Perrin