[Arm-dev] [rdo-list] next steps for altarch with ceph and openstack

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Fri Sep 16 14:36:16 UTC 2016

On 07/08/2016 08:59 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:

>>> Works for me.
>>
>> I didn't understand why we need separate release -altarch package. I
>> understand we do need separate CBS tags but they could be still mapped
>> into the same per-arch locations under
>> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/ and
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/ so that current OpenStack
>> CloudSIG .repo [1] which uses $basearch will work. Mappings for
>> testing repo request (e.g. for RDO Newton [2]) would be:
>>

> The problem here is that the aarch64 builds are currently at
> mirror.centos.org/altarch/ not at /centos/, so either way we'll end up
> with split repositories for the architecture.
>
> I'm only suggesting a second package as a short term solution until we
> come up with a better way to manage this.

If one wanted to install openstack on AArch64 CentOS 7.2 AltArch, are
Marcin's repositories at Linaro still fresh? Or is there something on
centos.org now?

Thanks,
Cov

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the Code