[Arm-dev] kernel rebase for rpi2/rpi3 : call for feedback !

Jacco Ligthart jacco at redsleeve.org
Mon Sep 26 22:19:31 UTC 2016

thinking this over during my commute this afternoon, I think we still
overcomplicate it a bit :)

I started out with packaging binary blobs from github. One of the things
I noticed was that different builds could have the same kernel version.
To allow for both being present at the same system at the same time, I
needed the ugly linking logic (specially in the /lib/modules directory).
But now we build ourselves. we can control the kernel version and thus
don't need the ugly links any more.

any thoughts?

Jacco