[Arm-dev] kernel rebase for rpi2/rpi3 : call for feedback !

Jacco Ligthart jacco at redsleeve.org
Mon Sep 26 22:45:40 UTC 2016

found another bug in %postun:

The whole reason for this section is to keep a working system after
removing the *newest* kernel. I think for this to work correctly, we
also need to revert the dtb's and the overlays. complicating factor is
that the directory
/usr/share/raspberrypi2-kernel/4.4.21-v7.1.20160924git0fe7fe3.el7 is not
part of the %files section. it might not get removed on uninstall.
This'll make it dificult to assess which dtb is the newest.

Jacco

PS disadvantage of the current logic is that it will always configure
your system for the latest kernel, when removing a random kernel
package. another concern is the sorting logic. it might find that f.i.
4.4.6 is 'newer' than 4.4.21