[Arm-dev] supported 64bit hardware

Sun Sep 18 19:15:00 UTC 2016
Uli Middelberg <uli at middelberg.de>

Am 18.09.2016 um 19:55 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:

> I would avoid the RPI3.

Full ACK.

> I the Pine64 is the best value because its less expensive than the
> comparable HiKey. HiKey runs around 1.2 Ghz, while Pine64 runs around
> 2.0 GHz.

The Pine64 runs at 1.1 GHz only, most likely due to the fact that the CPU needs more cooling at higher frequencies and
draws more power than provided by the micro USB power connector.

The ODROID-C2 is supposed to run at 2 GHz, but this is a different story. Mine runs stable at 1.75GHz.
Compared to the Pine64, the C2 has some advantages, e.g.
- eMMC support
- 4 USB ports usable
- integrated heatsink
- barrel plug for power supply

Both devices are about to get mainline support for headless usage.

Cheers
Uli