[Arm-dev] Where is php-imap - Re: EPEL for Centos7-armv7?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 23 16:32:00 UTC 2017

On 02/06/2017 04:44 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 05/02/17 21:01, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Is there EPEL built for the armv7 images?
>>
>> I need them for my mailserver.  It was quite a job building my
>> mailserver for RSEL6, only some of the rpms I needed were available.
>> Took a lot to work through it.
>>
>> So I am asking now, a bit ahead of starting in mailserver upgrade.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> We tried to engage with EPEL one year ago at Fosdem, but I'd say that
> current status is that they don't want or can't provide Epel for armhfp
> (probably because Epel rebuild exclusively against RHEL, which doesn't
> exist for armhfp)
>
> So as some users were asking for it (and we already announced it on this
> list multiple times), we're (ab)using the CentOS armhfp builders for
> epel rebuild when no other builds are going.
> That repo (just blindly trying to rebuild all new SRPMs pushed to Epel)
> is available here : https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/
> (unsigned, untested but using myself some of those pkgs without any
> "glitch")
>
> Not all pkgs were built, but same as for the distro, feel free to have a
> look at the build logs, submit patch and enjoy
> (https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/epel-pass-1/) :-)

Everything points to me needing php-imap for my postfixadmin options.  I
needed it on my RSEL6 server.

I asked on the main Centos list and got a response that it is in EPEL:

php-imap-5.4.16-7.el7.x86_64 : A module for PHP applications that use

So I went to
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-pass-1/php/5.4.16-23.el7_0.3/armv7hl/

and no php-imap there.  Next to
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/epel-pass-1/

and no php-imap there to even debug.

Where is it?

And can I use one from Fedora?  Fedora 24 has:

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/24/armhfp/p/php-imap-5.6.30-1.fc24.armv7hl.rpm

Fedora 20 (the oldest I can find) has:

http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/20/Everything/armhfp/os/Packages/p/php-imap-5.5.6-1.fc20.armv7hl.rpm