[Arm-dev] Kernel for BananaPi R1 (Lamobo R1)

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Jan 11 12:58:34 UTC 2017

On 11/01/17 13:19, arm_ml at rirasoft.de wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm playing around with a BananaPi R1 (Lamobo R1). I want to setup a
> router with this board and try IPfire for this board or CentOS. The
> plain image CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-Minimal-1611-BananaPi.img.xz is
> working without Ethernet. There was a discussion in Februar 2016 on this
> list with a kernel 4.4.2-300.LR1.el7.armv7hl, but I can't find this rpm.
>
> Is there any updates / more Information to get this board working?
>

> thanks
> Andreas

That was a kernel that someone modified to include patches that aren't
"upstream" (yet - at least when it was discussed). Normally the image
you're using should have ethernet support for the first eth port, but
not for the additional ethernet ports (aka the embedded switch)
I don't have myself such bananapiR1 model to test against, but as it was
a kind of a "grey area" about the patches/tools for the additional
ports, it wasn't built/included at the centos side.

Wondering if the previous patches can still apply on our 4.4.x branch
and if someone willing to rebuild it with those patches would be an
option or not

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab