[Arm-dev] Support for CubieTruck Plus (CB5)

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 25 04:15:43 UTC 2017

On 01/24/2017 10:08 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> I am considering getting a CubieTruck Plus.
> +1. The CubieTruck 5 is a very nice test device. Esepcially the one
> with 2 GB or RAM.

I am thinking about the forthcoming upgrade of my mail server that is
right now a CubieTruck with Redsleeve6.  The CT performs well enough,
but those 2 cores are very busy scanning all that mail.  A quad-core
would be much nicer...

> I frequently use it for benchmarking under the Cortex-A7. Cf.,
> http://github.com/randombit/botan/issues/845.
>
>> I see we have the uboot:
>>
>> /usr/share/uboot/Cubietruck_plus/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
>>
>> But not the dtb in /boot/dtb-4.4.42-202.el7.armv7hl/
>>
>> Anyone have information on the CB5 support?
> Sorry, I'm an application layer guy. But I'd be happy to test it for you.

Well for now knowing that it is supported is what counts.  I did find
the board listed as supported for Fedora25 which uses the 2016.9 uboot.