[Arm-dev] CentOS 7 with LXDE on Rasp Pi 3 Inquiry

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jul 24 20:45:48 UTC 2017

Here is how I got Xfce on ClearOS7 and it should work for Centos7-arm:

First on a Fedora_x64 system run:

yum group info Xfce

You get:

Group: Xfce
  Group-Id: xfce-desktop
end machines.
  Mandatory Packages:
    +Thunar
    +xfce-utils
    +xfce4-panel
    +xfce4-session
    +xfce4-settings
    +xfconf
    +xfdesktop
    +xfwm4
  Default Packages:
    +NetworkManager-gnome
    +gdm
    +leafpad
    +openssh-askpass
    +orage
    +polkit-gnome
    +thunar-archive-plugin
    +thunar-volman
    +tumbler
    +xfce4-appfinder
    +xfce4-icon-theme
    +xfce4-power-manager
    +xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin
    +xfce4-session-engines
    +xfce4-terminal
    +xfwm4-theme-nodoka
  Optional Packages:
    xfwm4-themes
  Conditional Packages:
    +pinentry-gtk

Put this list into a file called xfce.lst and remove the non rpm lines.
Then run:

yum install $(cat xfce.lst | tr '\n' ' ')

I had errors.  The following were not found:

No package xfce-utils available.
No package NetworkManager-gnome available.
No package leafpad available.
No package xfce4-icon-theme available.
Package xfce4-mixer is obsoleted by xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin, trying to
install xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.2.4-4.el7.x86_64 instead
No package xfwm4-theme-nodoka available

The background is black and no network manager on the tray.  But I do
have it working well enough...

Bob