[Arm-dev] Proposal regarding aarch64 images

Mon Jul 31 17:35:42 UTC 2017
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 07/31/2017 09:41 AM, Jon Nettleton wrote:
<snip>

> I understand the push to move AARCH64 to support
> SBSA, however there are still lots of ARMv8 boards that will only
> every support u-boot.  And conversely there are only a few
> distros that are fully supporting EFI booting on ARM.  Especially
> for our developer boards having the flexibility to use either is a
> huge win.

Yup. I'm not as strict on SBSA/SBBR as others, but it's certainly my
first option and something I push for. That said, I've seen patches for
uboot floating around that emulates the needed EFI bits for booting, so
hopefully that feature set will land soon. If we can build for efi, but
use uboot, that makes things a bit simpler. I'm not a fan of the many
one-off implementations of uboot for various things.

> Thanks for looking into changing this.  I will be looking forward
> to testing the next image.

Sure thing, I'll let you know when it's posted.

--
Jim Perrin