[Arm-dev] EPEL AArch64 repo?

Fri May 12 01:42:10 UTC 2017
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 05/11/2017 11:00 PM, Richard Henwood wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A colleague pointed me at: https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/aarch64/
>
> This looks to me like EPEL, but I'm not sure this is an official
> _CentOS_ EPEL; And I'm not sure I understand if there is a difference
> anyway...
>
> Can someone advise if this is the CentOS EPEL for AArch64 - or what the
> status of AArch64 EPEL is for CentOS?

This is the correct EPEL to use. EPEL has always been provided by the
Fedora Project for use with CentOS and other 'Enterprise Linux' builds.

There was a period where we saw demand for EPEL packages on aarch64, but
fedora was not yet tooled to build them. We maintained an unofficial and
unsigned repository (mentioned in another reply) briefly until the real
EPEL repository was available.

Please use the repository you found for EPEL, as the unofficial one
hosted on buildlogs.centos is no longer maintained.

--
Jim Perrin