[Arm-dev] weston and chromium

Trent trent at lindows.org
Mon Dec 10 19:40:57 UTC 2018

Microsoft is a company which mainly develops, and sells software which
is their product.

Google (now Alphabet) is an advertising company which sells advertising,
and their product is you.

By giving out all those free goodies, they are able to provide better
targeted advertising from all the information they collect on you. While
there are differences in Chrome and Chromium, Google still runs the open
source project, controls it, and it still needs resources from Google to
run properly (such as fonts).

Since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, they have been dropping the
ball on a lot of things rather than taking the time to try to figure
what people want in some of their projects, they just stop working on it.

If you want to still run Chromium, the dependencies should still be
available to download and compile on ARM. During the compile process ,
any dependencies needed should come up as an error in the command prompt
if you cannot find a list of all of them.

Glad you found Firefox. It should be a good choice for now.