[Arm-dev] Instructions for installation on an Odroid HC1

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 10 19:55:26 UTC 2018

> YES!!!!
>
> [  OK  ] Started Login Service.
>
> CentOS Linux 7 (AltArch)
> Kernel 4.19.7-300.el7.armv7hl on an armv7l
>
> localhost login: root
> Password:
> Login incorrect
>
> localhost login: root
> Password:
> Last failed login: Mon Dec 10 19:17:30 UTC 2018 on ttySAC2
> There was 1 failed login attempt since the last successful login.
>
> ====
>
> OK, I fat fingered the password....
>
> Note that I am using the new uboot from F30 rawhide:
>
> U-Boot 2019.01-rc1 (Dec 04 2018 - 18:03:53 +0000) for
> ODROID-XU3/XU4/HC1/HC2
>
> Next test is to move the swap and the rootfs to the sata drive. This
> is really a 'simple' test.
>
> But looks like we are good to go with the odroid-HC1.

rootfs and swap on the sata works and is easy:

Do a full install on a uSD card.  You will need at least an 8GB uSD, it
seems.

Delete the swap and rootfs partitions (this would fit onto a 4GB uSD,
but....).

dd the image onto your sata drive.  Delete the boot partition and grow
the rootfs partition (I use gparted).

Insert uSD card and sata drive and power up.

It just works.

Moving the boot partition to sata like I do on Cubies will take someone
over at hardkernel to tell me what magic is needed in the bootloader
segment.  I am waiting on a response there...

take care