[Arm-dev] File system corruption

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Dec 13 17:32:16 UTC 2018

On Dec 13, 2018, at 12:22, Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org> wrote:

> Great advice indeed. Unfortunately, many packages expect directories in /var/log to exist before they start and will break without them. A long time ago I wrote a service called tmpersist that takes care of that, but ultimately it was just left untriaged on RH bugzilla until it rotted - seems I was the only one around who cared.

IoT (and embedded applications in general) are quite far from the Upstream Provider’s primary envisioned use cases, unfortunately.

> Make sure /tmp and /var/tmp are also mounted on tmpfs.

IIRC, they come that way out-of-the-box in the installation image.

Cheers!

| Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:                                    |
|      No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats -- |
| approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.                |