[Arm-dev] x2go on Raspberry Pi

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Feb 1 13:55:26 UTC 2018

On 01/02/18 03:08, Iván Chavero wrote:
> El mar, 30-01-2018 a las 02:57 -0200, Itamar Reis Peixoto escribió:
>
> If you only need to access to sysadmin stuff you could try cockpit: htt
> p://cockpit-project.org/

For cockpit, I'll have a look at include those in CentOS Extras for
armhfp (so far we weren't tracking the x86_64 repo but we'll try from
now on)

>>> Itimar:  Thanks for the pointer.  After some research, it appears
>>> that
>>> RDP needs to have a working GNOME desktop, and therein lies the
>>> problem.  GNOME doesn't install on the Raspberry Pi.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> theres no need on gnome, you can use xfce, lxde, etc...

WRT X window, someone will have to spend time debugging what's missing
from the [base] repo and mentioning things outside like xfce/lxde (or
whatever like fluxbox, etc) comes with other questions : we have an
"unofficial" rebuild so it can be (or not) that we have those already
built and available ..

I admit not having a lot of free time those days to look at this, but if
nobody has a look , I'll try later to see what's missing and why. In the
meantime, if someone does it, that would be very welcome :-)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab