[Arm-dev] Changes for the next armhfp release/images

Mon Mar 26 15:43:36 UTC 2018
Uli Middelberg <uli at middelberg.de>

Am 26.03.18 um 16:32 schrieb Fabian Arrotin:
> Well, I don't think we ever got such request, but can be easily done :
> appliance-creator will create the image, but it's then easy to extract
> what we need/want with virt-tar-out/virt-copy-out :-)
I've written some scripts which automatically compose vendor firmware,
vendor/mainline kernel and a root filesystem for some ARM boards which
aren't supported officially. In the past I've ripped the root filesystem
contents from the images you've provided for the BananaPi.
> The only question I have is the following one then : one consolidated
> RootFS that would include /boot ? as for the actual (and new) images we
> have /boot a separate partition, so I guess you mean the whole thing as
> a RootFS ?

Yes, the whole thing including /boot.

For the board setup, I prefer a single partition layout as most of the
u-boot firmware images are able to read from ext4 filesystems.

If you have installed more then one OS for your board, it's easier to
handle them.

Cheers
Uli