[Arm-dev] Enterprise distros and the two faces of 'reliability'

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Oct 26 22:05:24 UTC 2018

Thanks Uli! I used to do this sort thing way-back-when [mid1990s], when I’d routinely compile and the install the latest kernel from kernel.org <http://kernel.org/> immediately after the installation of Slackware Linux. Kernels (and distros) have gotten a bit more complicated since then...

> What kind of SBC do you have in mind for your project?

I have several commercial designs that have already shipped, all based on various models of Raspberry Pi with RedSleeve Linux. The horse has left the stable already as far as those projects are concerned, but RedHat’s stance regarding the future of RHEL on ARM had me concerned regarding future projects. It’s good to be reminded that there are ways of finessing that design decision.

Cheers!